Darren Gough Darren Gough is returning to cricket Thursday evening in the Cricket for Heroes charity match at the Oval.He is playing for the Help for Heroes XI along with the likes of Andrew Strauss, MS Dhoni and Graeme Swann against a Rest of the World XI featuring Brian Lara and Matthew Hayden.Goughie may be a bit rusty so the Drivetime team want to know – Will Goughie get injured tonight? 1
Arsenal and Tottenham flop Emmanuel Adebayor is wanted by Antalyaspor, according to reports in Turkey.The striker was released by Spurs earlier this month after falling out of favour with current boss Mauricio Pochettino.The Togo international is now a free agent but cannot join a new club until January, as he was registered as a Tottenham player before the end of the previous transfer window.Sides in the Middle East have already shown an interest in Adebayor but he has now received even more offers.According to several reports in Turkey, Antalyaspor have contacted the 31-year-old’s agent about a move in January.The Turkish club are said to be big fans of the former Manchester City man and are keen to bring him in. 1 Emmanuel Adebayor
Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino was in no doubt his side’s 1-1 draw at Everton represented two points dropped for the London outfit.Spurs bossed the first half at Goodison Park in terms of possession and chances, yet found themselves trailing in the 22nd minute when their former player Aaron Lennon struck for the hosts in emphatic fashion.Tottenham hit the woodwork either side of that, Harry Kane being denied by the post and Ben Davies by the bar, before Dele Alli notched a fine volley in first-half stoppage time to bring things level.The game was more even after the break, with neither team able to seize the victory.And Pochettino, whose men had won their previous three Barclays Premier League matches, said: “We dropped two points.“The first half I think was fantastic, one of our best performances so far. In the second half we managed the game until around 75 minutes, when I think Everton increased their level.“I think we need to feel proud, and our performance was really good – but we are disappointed with the final result.”Tottenham, now six points behind league leaders Arsenal in fourth place, were being talked up as possible title contenders in the build-up to the game.And when asked afterwards how he saw his team’s chances in that respect, Pochettino said: “It is too early to speak about some challenge or achievements at the end of the season.“I think the way we are, all can happen.“We believe in the way we play, we are very ambitious and the players are very disappointed in the changing room.“Always at the end of the game we play some music but today we (did not, because we) are very disappointed, because the feeling is that we dropped two points.“Maybe tomorrow we will analyse the game and say we need to be happy for the point, but today our feeling is we dropped two – and this is a very good sign for the future.“We are the youngest squad in the Premier League but we are showing our winning mentality.”Nineteen-year-old midfielder Alli produced another impressive individual display, providing yet more evidence he really is a major rising star.Pochettino admits the England international, signed from MK Dons last year, needs to be handled with care, but he can see no reason why Alli cannot continue to perform at the highest level for the rest of the campaign as Euro 2016 draws near.“I think the goal was fantastic, a great goal,” Pochettino said.“From the beginning we have had to take care of him. We need to be careful. That is important when they are young, to handle them in a good way.”Then asked if he could see Alli continuing to perform at such a level in the team every week, Pochettino said: “Yes – if he shows that in every training session he deserves to play, why not?” 1 Mauricio Pochettino
Check out this incredible goal from Manchester United’s under-21 striker Will Keane on Monday night.The 23-year-old bagged five goals as United thrashed Norwich 7-0 at Old Trafford, but it was his fourth strike that stood out.The Red Devils put out a strong side with Memphis Depay, Andreas Pereira, Adnan Januzaj and the returning Phil Jones all featuring.Depay and Pereira both contributed with assists, with the latter also scoring from the penalty spot. Watch the video below of Keane’s outstanding chip. Should Louis van Gaal call him up to the first team? U21s: Five goals tonight for Will Keane. None better than this beauty… #mufc https://t.co/nJRsADysAW— Manchester United (@ManUtd) February 8, 2016 1 Will Keane
Benfica wonderkid Renato Sanches is beginning to make a real mark in Europe.The 18-year-old midfielder, in just his third ever Champions League clash, was up against a host of talented Zenit St Petersburg stars.He more than held his own against the likes of Axel Witsel, ex-Manchester City man Javi Garcia and compatriot Danny.The player who felt his force most, though, was Brazil star Hulk who, when it appeared he’d beaten the youngster in the middle of the park, had the ball pickpocketed from him in the most astonishing manner.It’s no wonder the player is one of Football Manager 2016’s top wonderkids!You can see the excellent tackle in Benfica’s 1-0 victory in the video above…
Meanwhile, Turkish military movement has intensified, with shelling reported from Turkish areas along the border. Gen. Ilker Basbug, the commander of the Turkish Land Forces, and a group of high-ranking military officials arrived for inspections on Tuesday in Sirnak province on the border, the semi-official Anatolian News Agency reported. Turkish political leaders have seized on a recent jump in the number of killings of Turkish soldiers by the PKK and are applying pressure on the government of Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan to act. “From now on, Iraq has to make this choice: PKK or Turkey,” Deniz Baykal, the chairman of the main opposition political party, said Tuesday.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGame Center: Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, 10 a.m.One of Iraq’s two vice presidents, Tariq al-Hashimi, flew to Ankara for discussions with Turkish officials in an emergency effort to defuse the crisis. “The basic issue is to give diplomacy a chance and enable diplomacy to play its role in this critical situation,” al-Hashimi told reporters in Ankara. “We hope to persuade Turkey on this matter.” Al-Dabbagh said other high-level officials would arrive in a special delegation this week. Tom Casey, a State Department spokesman, warned against military action in a briefing in Washington on Tuesday. “I think it’s clear to everyone that unilateral action is not going to be a way to really address the problem that is at the heart of this,” Casey said. ISTANBUL, Turkey – Iraq dispatched one of its vice presidents to Ankara on Tuesday in a last-ditch effort to talk Turkey out of a military offensive into the Kurdish region of Iraq. A spokesman for the Iraqi government, Ali al-Dabbagh, said the government wanted an urgent dialogue with Ankara to avoid fighting and to find a diplomatic solution to a worsening crisis along the Iraqi-Turkish border. The Turkish Parliament is on the verge of approving a cross-border offensive to strike Kurdish rebels who carry out attacks in Turkey from northern Iraq. The rebels, members of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party or PKK, have taken refuge in mountain redoubts on the Iraqi side of the border. They are separatists who want an autonomous Kurdish region in the far eastern part of Turkey. The United States strongly opposes such action by Turkey, a NATO ally, because it would upset the Americans’ strongest allies in the war in Iraq – Iraqi Kurds.
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREStriving toward a more perfect me: Doug McIntyre The season finale aired Oct. 30, and Wright got his winnings in the mail Thursday. “I cashed in on Friday,” said Wright, a Los Altos High graduate. “Now it’s just sitting the the bank.” For the past four years, Wright has been competing in Madden NFL – Electronic Arts’ top selling video game – tournaments across the nation. He’s won more than 15 competitions and raked in about $140,000. But the most recent trip, which ended in New York, was his favorite – and most profitable – victory yet. “It was the (most fun) experience I’ve ever had,” said Wright at his house on Monday as an episode of Madden Nation played in the background. Anne Powell, senior producer for ESPN, said at least 7,000 people applied for the show. The two-week bus tour started in Dallas and stopped in six other cities before arriving in New York City, where they filmed the finale. At each stop, the competitors went to NFL stadiums and meet with the professional players. Wright represented Chicago Bears return specialist and wide receiver Devin Hester, and even played a game of Madden with him. Guess what? Wright won. “Our fans love to see that,” Powell said. “Because the professionals basically get their butts kicked.” Unlike some of the other Madden competitors, Wright is humble, said Wright’s longtime friend, Danny Ahedo. “He’s not a disrespectful person,” Ahedo said. “He doesn’t talk crap about other people.” The show has been consistently growing throughout the past three years. “From an ESPN point of view, our demographic loves playing video games,” Powell said. “This is not just a video game, but it’s football.” email@example.com (626) 962-8811, Ext. 2477 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! • Video: How to win at Madden NFL ’08 WEST COVINA – When Eric Velarde Wright says he’s the best in the nation when it comes to the video game Madden, you can take it to the bank. He did. West Covina resident Wright, 19, aka “Problem,” starred in Madden Nation, an ESPN reality TV show, with 12 other Madden NFL 2008 professional players. When the tournament was over, Wright had won $100,000 – and bragging rights as the best Madden player in the country.
The Can’t Pay Won’t Pay group has launched a stinging attack on Donegal County Council finance director Garry Martin.They have also have called on homeowners to ignore his plea to pay outstanding Household Charge.“Donegal people have maintained the strongest boycott of the Household Charge of any area of the country. This appears to have seriously rankled Garry Martin, who as Finance Director was responsible for collection and has been the most ineffective Finance Director of any council in the country in getting people to pay this unfair charge.” said Can’t Pay Won’t Pay spokesperson Francis McCafferty. “Instead of harassing people who have taken a principled stand against the Household Charge, the Finance Director would be better served pursuing developers for the millions outstanding in development charges or pursuing them for compensation for the public money which has had to spent on unfinished estates.”“His claim that 60% of Household Charge has been collected in Donegal is based on discredited figures. It has been shown through CSO figures that there are more than 83,000 properties liable for the charge and not the 65,000 figure continuously used by the Council. When the real figure is used, the non-payment rate is in excess of 55%. This is a clear indication that the boycott remains strong and capable of also beating the Property Tax.”“Homeowners should not register for the Household Charge as they will be giving all their details to the Revenue also for collection of the Property Tax. The Revenue has the same basic problem that the Councils had last year: they do not have a register of properties in the state. That is why it is important not to give them any information. It is the most effective weapon we have. We call on all homeowners to stand firm and support the boycott. Opposition is growing to the Property Tax. The teachers union, the TUI, voted at it’s conference last week to campaign against it while the UNITE trade union has decided to support the boycott.”Donegal County Council told Donegal Daily that they are not currently in a position to respond to the CPWP group’s statement. CAN’T PAY WON’T PAY LAUNCH STINGING ATTACK ON COUNCIL was last modified: April 8th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Can’t Pay Won’t PayDonegal County CouncilFInance Director Garry Martin
Plans to build a new factory in Co Donegal are in doubt after an objection that employees’ car will damage the local environment and cause pollution.Owner Michael McCloskey.The owner of the cosmetics factory, which is already located in Kilcar, wants to build a purpose-built factory and double its workforce from five to ten.But An Taisce have officially objected to the new facility saying it is against the County Development Plan in that it will bring more traffic into such a rural area.Michael McCloskey, owner of Algaran Teo at Kilcasey in Kilcar, is seeking planning permission to build a seaweed cosmetic factory beside the house where the factory is currently located.There are five employees at present in the factory, which makes cosmetics from seaweed harvested locally.The development would increase the use of cars in the area, where there is very limited public transport, and this would be against the County Development Plan, according to An Taisce.Part of an objection letter from An Taisce to Donegal County Council states “A dependancy on private travel would give rise to an increase in greenhouse gas emission and would be contrary to policies laid out in the Donegal County Development Plan.”But Eunan Mac Cuinneagáin, board member of Údarás na Gaeltachta, told RTE’s Raidio na Gaeltachta, that he had reacted with disbelief at the correspondence from An Taisce.“An Taisce says on its website that it is working on behalf of the community. We all agree that the environment must be protected, but I don’t think this type of thing is helpful. It’s unbelievable.“What are we going to do, close down all Gaeltacht areas because people are using cars? It’s unbelievable…. Maybe this is a decision made by someone in an office in a city somewhere, where there is public transport to get people to work … but that’s not the case in rural areas. When I heard this first, I thought it was a pretence, that someone was joking and that the story wasn’t true, but then I saw the letter myself this morning … It’s very serious.”He said he would be raising the matter at a meeting of Údarás na Gaeltachta, and hoped they could impress upon the County Council and An Taisce the importance of allowing developments like this to go ahead.The Minister for State for the Gaeltacht, Joe McHugh TD, said small rural communities had to be sustained, and that jobs were badly needed in areas such as Kilcar.He said that is was the government’s job to ensure that and that he would be raising the issue with the Department.The letter from An Taisce to Donegal County Council. DONEGAL SEAWEED FACTORY IN DOUBT AFTER CLAIMS THAT WORKERS’ CARS WILL CAUSE POLLUTION was last modified: July 12th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Algaran Teocarsdonegalfactorykilcarobjectionpollutionseaweed
1 Amadou Diawara in action for Bologna Manchester City are leading the race for Bologna star Amadou Diawara.The midfielder has broken into the Italian side’s first team this season and has impressed visiting scouts.Indeed Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain have all watched the 18-year-old several times so far.However, according to Corriere di Bologna, City are currently winning the chase for Diawara’s signature.Incoming boss Pep Guardiola is keen to bolster his midfield this summer and sees the Guinean as an ideal addition.Bologna are aware of mounting interest and are ready to do a deal if someone forks out over £15m.