Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro said on Tuesday that he took another coronavirus test and the results were expected Wednesday as he hopes for a negative result two weeks since falling ill.”I did the test now. Early tomorrow the results will come out,” Bolsonaro told supporters, speaking at a distance across the moat in front of his official residence.”If God wants to give a negative, things will return to normal.” Outside of the United States, Brazil is the worst-hit country in the coronavirus pandemic. The presidents of both countries have played down the extent of the crisis.Bolsonaro is one of nearly 2.2 million people in Brazil who have tested positive for the novel coronavirus, according to health ministry statistics released on Tuesday.More than 81,000 people have died from COVID-19 in Brazil.Bolsonaro tested positive for the novel coronavirus on July 7 but by the next day said he was already feeling well. A follow-up test last week also came back positive for the virus.Bolsonaro has previously said he has taken the anti-malarial drug hydroxycloroquine – unproven for treating coronavirus but touted by US President Donald Trump – and credits the medication as the reason for his mild symptoms.He said that he will travel to the northeastern state of Piaui on Friday, presuming he is well.With the toll of the pandemic rising rapidly, Brazil is also a major center for testing potential vaccines for the virus. On Tuesday, human trials of a second vaccine began and the government approved trials of a third.Topics :
Metro Sport ReporterThursday 6 Jun 2019 10:09 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link Arsenal are also said to be interested in Claude-Maurice (Picture: Getty)Unai Emery has also been looking for Matteo Guendouzi to help convince Claude-Maurice that his future lies at the Emirates as the midfielder played alongside him at Lorient.AdvertisementAdvertisementHowever, Arsenal now look to be in danger of missing out on the versatile attacker after West Ham firmed up their interest with an official offer.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityManuel Pellegrini is looking to assemble a squad capable of finishing higher than last season’s 10th place in the Premier League and is eager to get his business done early.The Hammers have already signed two goalkeepers with Roberto and David Martin both joining on free transfers while the club have also launched a bid for Barcelona’s Andre Gomes.More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenal Advertisement West Ham have made a move for FC Lorient star Alexis Claude-Maurice (Picture: Getty)West Ham appear to have stolen a march on Premier League rivals Arsenal in the pursuit of FC Lorient striker Alexis Claude-Maurice by submitting a £10m bid for him.The 21-year-old forward is expected to leave Lorient this summer following their failure to seal promotion to Ligue 1 and has been tipped to move to England with newly-promoted Norwich City also interested.Claude-Maurice, who is a France Under-20 international, netted 14 goals in 35 league matches last season and has also been linked with Monaco, Lille and Frankfurt.Arsenal, operating under a strict transfer budget of around £40m this summer, were reported to have put together a £9m deal for Claude-Maurice last month.ADVERTISEMENT Comment Advertisement West Ham launch £10m bid for Arsenal target Alexis Claude-Maurice
Angels’ Shohei Ohtani spending downtime working in outfield The Angels could announce their manager by Monday, a source said this week. The World Series begins on Tuesday, and Major League Baseball discourages teams from making major announcements during its jewel event.Baldelli, 37, has been a coach on the Rays staff for the past four years. He spent seven years as a big league outfielder, mostly with the Rays.Baldelli has also reportedly been interviewed for the managerial openings with the Texas Rangers, Toronto Blue Jays, Minnesota Twins and Cincinnati Reds. That accounts for five of the six openings, all except for the Baltimore Orioles.Related Articles Angels offense breaks out to split doubleheader with Astros As the Angels close in on a decision on their next manager, Tampa Bay Rays major league field coordinator Rocco Baldelli has joined the list of those confirmed to be among the 10 candidates who have formal interviews for the job.Baldelli’s inclusion was first reported by the Tampa Bay Times.He joins a group that includes Brad Ausmus and Eric Chavez, both special assistants to Angels general manager Billy Eppler; Houston Astros bench coach Joe Espada, Chicago Cubs bench coach Brandon Hyde and former Gold Glove shortstop Omar Vizquel. Vizquel said he’s already out of the running.Those are the only six confirmed candidates, with the first round of interviews complete. It’s unknown how many of them will have second interviews. Angels’ Mike Trout working on his defense, thanks to Twitter Jose Suarez’s rocky start sinks Angels in loss to Astros Angels’ poor pitching spoils an Albert Pujols milestone Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error
Senad Lulić celebrated his 30th birthday yesterday, and as a present from Lazio he got – a new contract.After fingers surgery, the B&H national team player successfully returned on the field yesterday and crowned it with a goal against Bologna in guests, for one point (2:2).The Roman club offered a new contract to Lulić, until summer 2020, which Lulić accepted.Lulić came to Lazio from Young Boys in June 2011, signing a five-year contract which was to expire this summer.So far, Lulić played 130 matches and scored 17 goals for Lazio.(Source: klix.ba)
Close Forgot password? Please put in your email: Send me my password! Close message Login This blog post All blog posts Subscribe to this blog post’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Subscribe to this blog’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Follow the discussion Comments (2) Logging you in… Close Login to IntenseDebate Or create an account Username or Email: Password: Forgot login? Cancel Login Close WordPress.com Username or Email: Password: Lost your password? Cancel Login Dashboard | Edit profile | Logout Logged in as Admin Options Disable comments for this page Save Settings Sort by: Date Rating Last Activity Loading comments… You are about to flag this comment as being inappropriate. Please explain why you are flagging this comment in the text box below and submit your report. The blog admin will be notified. Thank you for your input. +3 Vote up Vote down Duke Fan · 331 weeks ago Great tourney and contest. Report Reply 0 replies · active 331 weeks ago +3 Vote up Vote down Nana · 331 weeks ago Way to go Cooper ! Report Reply 0 replies · active 331 weeks ago Post a new comment Enter text right here! Comment as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments Comments by IntenseDebate Enter text right here! Reply as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Cancel Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments by Tracy McCue, Sumner Newscow â€” Think filling out an NCAA Tournament Bracket requires any kind of skill? Consider this…Of the 90 people who filled out a Sumner Newscow- Pig Shack Barbecue Â “Pig and Cow” bracket to win $200, the winner was won by a 2-year-old!Cooper Norris, the son of Tim and Heather Norris, won the $200 contest for having the highest point total. We are guessing he may have had some help.Dan Monson finished second and will receive a $50 gift certificate to the Pig Shack. Irene Monson finished third and will receive a $25 gift certificate.Â Cooper had Kentucky winning it all over Florida. Of course, we now all know Connecticut beat Kentucky for all the marbles. But his Kentucky selection to the finals gave him 107 points.Dan Monson had Kentucky over Florida and that earned him 100 points and the only other contestant to reach triple figures. His wife, Irene, finished with 97 points. The Monsons will have a lot of ribs to eat – $75 worth with their combined winnings.Just for everyone’s information, not only did nobody have Connecticut to win the national championship, but nobody picked the Huskies to reach the Final Four or the Elite Eight and precious few of you had them in the Sweet 16 – selecting them to lose to Villanova.It was a great tournament, and a lot of fun. We look forward to the next contest. Sumner Newscow has already agreed to be a sponsor of the 2014 Kansas Wheat Festival Medallion Hunt. See you then.Follow us on Twitter.
Mike Sonko the governor of the Kenyan capital city, Nairobi, included a few small bottles of the cognac, Hennessy, in his COVID-19 care packages.The governor confirmed the news on Tuesday during a news briefing and he justified the inclusion of alcohol as “throat sanitizer.”“I think from the research conducted by the World Health Organization and various organizations, it has been believed that alcohol plays a major role in killing the coronavirus,” Sonko said in a video.However, the World Health Organization has stated that alcohol does not protect against coronavirus.WHO actually advises people to minimize their consumption of alcohol.Many people are condemning the governor’s actions including Githinji Gitahi, the CEO of Amref Health Africa, a medical nonprofit.
It wasn’t the most pretty or convincing showing, but the Cowboys improved to 2-0 on the season in a 32-8 victory over Central Arkansas on Saturday night.Mason Rudolph was good, but as he and Mike Gundy both acknowledged, needs to continue his development. In the postgame, Gundy said that he didn’t count but assumed Rudolph missed on about six throws that should have been converted.Yet looking at the stat sheet, those six seem high. He finished the night just 10 yards shy of the OSU passing record by a sophomore. 401 yards on 23 of 35 passing.Not bad.It was just the 12th 400+ yard passing game in OSU history. Brandon Weeden had seven of them. Mike Gundy, Bobby Reid, Wes Lunt and Zac Robinson had the other four.AdChoices广告The best part was the development of his deep ball, which was virtually non-existent last week due mostly to a conservative game plan. Although the game was called conservatively again, the Cowboys opened up the passing game and Rudolph’s arm was on full display.Rudolph’s connection with David Glidden was money all night, and his first touchdown strike put the Pokes up 17-0 early.Mason Rudolph’s first TD pass in Boone Pickens Stadium (of very many). pic.twitter.com/rHLD2YmazP— Pistols Firing (@pistolsguys) September 13, 2015Then Rudolph delivered a beauty downfield, which James Washington so graciously turned into a #SCTop10 catch for us. I could sense his level of comfort gaining as the game progressed. This one was pretty.James Washington with the circus catch on a pass interference call. pic.twitter.com/u5jDt5R7J1— Pistols Firing (@pistolsguys) September 13, 2015Rudolph left early in the fourth to avoid injury, but not before delivering a 31-yard bomb to Glidden – his second of the night.Rudolph proved that, despite an imperfect game, the offense that they put on the field Saturday is more like what we’ll continue to see throughout the season. The air-raid was definitely on display, and Rudolph proved that this offense is tailor-made to cater to his strengths. While you’re here, we’d like you to consider subscribing to Pistols Firing and becoming a PFB+ member. It’s a big ask from us to you, but it also comes with a load of benefits like ad-free browsing (ads stink!), access to our premium room in The Chamber and monthly giveaways.The other thing it does is help stabilize our business into the future. As it turns out, sending folks on the road to cover games and provide 24/7 Pokes coverage like the excellent article you just read costs money. Because of our subscribers, we’ve been able to improve our work and provide the best OSU news and community anywhere online. Help us keep that up.