A fisherman whose body was recovered from the shoreline at Killybegs in Co Donegal today was originally from Co Cork.The man, who was in his 50s, was an engineer on a Cork-based boat which had docked in the fishing port.The man’s body was recovered at 2pm, a short time after he had been reported missing. The Harbour Office in Killybegs were alerted to the missing man and they contacted the Killybegs Coastguard and the Gardai.Gardai and the coastguard recovered the man’s body on the shoreline in the Benroe area.The man’s remains were removed to the Mortuary at Letterkenny University Hospital where a post mortem is due to take place tomorrow.A Garda spokesman said the scene has been preserved for a technical examination. The man’s name has not yet been released until all his relatives have been informed.A full investigation into the circumstances surrounding the man’s death has been launched.However, sources say the death is being treated as a tragic accident.Breaking: Body of fisherman recovered at Killybegs Harbour was last modified: March 15th, 2019 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:bodydonegalfishermanKillybegs
Charlie Austin had QPR’s only chance of note during a lacklustre first 20 minutes at Loftus Road.Austin had a header comfortably pushed to safety by ex-Rangers keeper Lee Camp shortly after Bournemouth’s Matt Ritchie fired over from long range.Keen for his team to bounce back from Saturday’s surprise defeat at Doncaster, former Bournemouth man Harry Redknapp made major changes.The Rangers boss switched to a 4-4-2 formation, with Andy Johnson up front and on-loan Tottenham midfielder Tom Carroll in the starting line-up following his recovery from an ankle injury.The fit-again Junior Hoilett was also given a starting place, with Niko Kranjcar, Matt Phillips and Jermaine Jenas dropping to the bench.QPR (4-4-2): Green; Simpson, Dunne, Hill, Assou-Ekotto; Carroll, Barton, O’Neil, Hoilett, Johnson, Austin.Subs: Murphy; Traore, Phillips, Jenas, Kranjcar, Henry, Young.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 Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
Eureka >> The College of the Redwoods men’s and women’s basketball teams earned a split against Lassen College on Monday at Coach Tregs Court.The CR women, led by sophomore guard Anna Nelson’s 20 points, earned their first Golden Valley Conference victory of the season while the Corsairs men lost their third-straight game as the Cougars pulled away in the second half.The games were make-up contests that were originally scheduled to be played on Saturday, Jan. 21 but due to poor weather and …
“This shows our recognition that financial development is a key ingredient for economic development,” he said. “A society with an undeveloped financial system is bound to experience a slower pace of growth in the real sectors of the economy.” Since its inception in 2004, over six million South Africans have opened Mzansi bank accounts which provide previously un-banked clients easy access to banking services countrywide. While the Mzansi account initially had a limited functionality, the account has since been enhanced to include stop order and debit order facilities, and Nene called for more innovative products and services to be provided to low-income earners. “We acknowledged that South Africa as a country does not have a savings culture,” he said. “Initiatives such as the Mzansi account therefore serve as a crucial building platform from which a culture of saving can be launched.” “This vindicates our position that historically disadvantaged members of our population can be harnessed into a potentially viable market.” 2 April 2009 Other countries that have put in place policy interventions to involve all citizens in banking include India, the United States and France where it is statutory for every adult to have a bank account. Zambia also embarked on a drive to effect cash transfers to beneficiaries of social security grants through mobile bank branches. Close to half of the South African adult population did not have access to a basic banking account, and he added that South Africans did not have a savings culture. “The number of accounts opened has surpassed six million since the launch of the Mzansi initiative,” said Deputy Finance Minister Nhlanhla Nene said in Pretoria on Tuesday. The service was established following a recommendation by the Financial Services Charter (FSC) and is supported by the country’s four largest banks and the Post Office. Nene pointed out that this lack of access to financial services led to various informal means of transacting, which were not only inconvenient, but also posed many risks. Banking for all Lack of access Nene said that before the introduction of the FSC initiative, South Africa’s financial system did not provide financial services to disadvantaged people, and the financial inclusion presented by Mzansi accounts made a much needed contribution towards the economic development of the country. Source: BuaNews
Brand South Africa and Lesedi FM hosted a dialogue in Kroonstaad, Free State where measures to prevent and eradicate all forms of violence against women and children in the province, and in South Africa as a whole, were discussed.The dialogue was attended by the community and broadcast live on Lesedi FM
Incarcerated mafia-turned-politician Atiq Ahmed allegedly assaulted a Lucknow-based businessman in Deoria jail after getting him abducted and forced him to sign away property worth ₹40 crore, following which the Uttar Pradesh government on Monday ordered that he be shifted to high-security Bareilly jail. As the alleged incident left it red-faced, the State government also initiated disciplinary proceedings against Deoria jail superintendent Dilip Kumar Pandey and jailor Mukesh Kumar Katiyar, besides suspending several others. An order issued by the prisons department said, “Approval has been given for shifting undertrial Atiq Ahmed, who is currently lodged in Deoria district jail, to Bareilly district jail on administrative grounds.” Deputy jailor Dev Nath Yadav, head warder Munna Pandey and warder Rakesh Kumar Sharma have been suspended and disciplinary proceedings have been started against them, a home department release said. “The government has sought a report from ADG Prison, so as to fix responsibility regarding the lapse in Deoria jail. Action will be taken accordingly. An FIR has been filed at Krishnanagar police station and of the four named accused, two have been arrested,” U.P. Principal Secretary (Home) Arvind Kumar had said in a late night statement Sunday.Don’s son named In his police complaint, the real estate businessman, Mohit Jaiswal, alleged that Atiq Ahmed, a former Samajwadi Party MP, his son Umar and about 15 other persons forcibly took away his SUV in which he was driven to Deoria from the State capital Lucknow . Mr. Jaiswal alleged that he was assaulted by Ahmed and his supporters and forced to sign papers to handover his property worth ₹40 crore before he was let off. Police booked Ahmed, his son Umar, and accomplices Farooque, Zaki Ahmed, Jafar Ullah, Ghulam Sarvar and 10 to 12 unidentified people on various charges, including attempt to murder, after Mr. Jaiswal filed the complaint at the Krishna Nagar police station in Lucknow.
Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis called off the second phase of his mahajanadesh yatra on Saturday on receiving news of the death of former Union finance minister Arun Jaitley. Earlier, on August 6 he cut short the first phase of the outreach programme that started at Yavatmal after the death of party stalwart Sushma Swaraj on August 6. The yatra was later cancelled due to the flood situation in western Maharashtra. Both phases were incidentally called off while passing through Buldhana. In his condolence message, Mr. Fadnavis said, “This is a sad moment for all of us. Mr. Jaitely rose as a student leader and became president of the Delhi University. He even spent 19 months in jail during Emergency.” The Chief Minister’s yatra started from Jalgaon district at 9.30 a.m. and was en route to Malkapur in Buldhana district when Mr. Fadnavis received news of Mr. Jaitley’s death. He called senior party leaders in Delhi, before calling off the yatra. “Please ask the cadres to not play music or offer flowers to the convoy,” he told Cabinet Minister Girish Mahajan who was accompanying him. The other public gatherings at Nandura, Khamgaon and Shegaon were also called off. “The Chief Minister will not participate in the remaining leg of the yatra. We have passed on the message to the cadre. The yatra will begin on Monday,” said organiser Sujit Singh Thakur.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) CEO Rahul Johri who is paid an annual gross salary of Rs 5,76,36,000 other than the allowances and other benefits, has requested the Supreme Court-appointed Committee of Administrators (CoA) to look into his increment process and the same is set to be discussed during the meeting of the committee on May 21 in the Capital. With CoA chief Vinod Rai giving the go-ahead to Johri’s request for immediate attention, the matter is set to be brought up when the three committee members — Rai, Diana Edulji and Ravi Thodge meet on Tuesday.As per the contract of the CEO, accessed by IANS, the performance of the executive (Johri) was to be evaluated annually and increments were to be in the form of variables linked with increase in revenue of BCCI out of the efforts of the executive.The BCCI is also expected to decide at the end of the third year of service – 2019 – whether any revision is required in the clause of incremental cash inflow otherwise, the variable would be restricted to 0.5 per cent of the incremental cash flow restricted to Rs 3,00,00,000.Speaking to IANS, a senior BCCI functionary raised a situation that he described as a travesty for the BCCI.”This is a travesty. The Lodha Committee recommendations and the orders of the Supreme Court gave the authority to sign contracts for an on behalf of the BCCI to the secretary of the board. In terms of all legal matters as well, the board is to sue and be sued in the name of the secretary. Presently, the CoA got a constitution registered that is not in accordance with the orders of the Supreme Court and that coupled with the directions issued by the CoA mean that the contracts are executed by the CEO on behalf of the BCCI and it is the CEO that is looking after all legal matters with the might of a big law firm firmly behind him.advertisement”So if the CoA decides that the agreement with the CEO should be modified, will we see a scenario where Rahul Johri will sign both on behalf of the BCCI and on his own behalf?”Also, if there is a dispute between the BCCI and Rahul Johri over this, will Johri give instructions to the BCCI lawyers on this matter and in case he does not officially give any instructions, what prevents the BCCI law firm from supporting his case? Where are we going with this? This anomaly of legal representation had been pointed out to the CoA earlier as well but they had refused to accept that this anomaly existed.”Another senior BCCI official who was part of the General Body and the Working Committee when the CEO had been appointed, put forward a couple of queries asking if the clauses had indeed been fulfilled by the CEO to be eligible for an increment.”It was clear that his increments would be on the basis of increase in revenue only because of the CEO’s efforts. The BCCI already had a series of existing revenue streams that were giving the BCCI substantial income, the idea was that if we have a professional CEO, he was supposed to add new revenue streams as the old streams really took care of themselves on their own. While there has been an increase in revenue generation from media rights and sponsorship deals, that is basically on account of appreciation in the value of those rights which is a universal phenomenon.”The rights value grow at a particular percentage and that is how the value is arrived at even by the companies that bid for the rights. The appreciation doesn’t have anything to do with him putting any effort, unless of course the CEO is willing to admit that he has rigged the bids in anyways since all those rights are given by way of a tender process.”Even the work that has been carried out has actually been a team effort and I am unable to understand by what logic are they trying to attribute any increase in revenue to his efforts. On the one hand you can’t be saying that the money comes in because of the players if on the other hand you are trying to say that the revenue has come in because of the efforts of the CEO by applying some crazy logic.”A former BCCI official who was also present in the meeting where Johri’s appointment was put before the board said: “When he had been appointed he was supposed to make a presentation to the BCCI where he would tell the house about the new revenue streams and how he would add to the value. He did no such thing. That presentation was supposed to be the basis on which he was supposed to be evaluated. So here you have this employee, who did not allow for targets to be set, who did not tell the house how such a huge cost to the organisation in employing him would be justified but when the exiting value appreciated, wishes to earn money off the efforts of other people. These broadcast rights and the systems in place which have given the money to the BCCI were in place long before a CEO was even dreamt of.advertisement”The idea of having him on board was to have new revenue streams and to ensure that domestic cricket in the country was better promoted. While even local T20 leagues are getting fan bases, the Mushtaq Ali Trophy still cuts a sorry figure, as does the Vijay Hazare Trophy. So, what exactly has his role been in increasing revenue generation? Had he done something to popularise that or add more revenue streams, the BCCI would have absolutely no issues in giving him an increment but it is unfair if he wants to claim increments for the work that others have done over the years. He has not fulfilled the incentive but he seems to be wanting increments.”Another board functionary in the know also pointed out: “Johri and the CoA had even unnecessarily attempted to take credit for introducing e-auction while the truth is that they had decided against the e-auction and thereafter certain members of the General Body had questioned the office bearers and the CoA as to why an e-auction was not adopted for the IPL rights. It was only because of that and the application filed in the Supreme Court by Subramaniam Swamy that had put pressure on the CoA to accept the suggestion of the members of the General Body to go ahead with e-auction for the BCCI rights.”Further, his contract says the executive shall not at any time during his term indulge in any other activity which is prejudicial to the interest of the BCCI or is prejudicial to the image of the game. A Supreme Court hearing is on the cards against the CEO. One of his key responsibilities when he was appointed in 2016 was to inspire and develop the vision, mission and values of the board. What has happened in that area? He was also expected to motivate a high-performing executive team by attracting, retaining and mentoring managers. The less said about his mentoring skills in the wake of what happened last year, the better,” the functionary said.Apart from the salary, he is also entitled to participate in and receive all benefits generally available to executives in the BCCI in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plan or arrangement. On official duty, the board bears the cost of travel, boarding, lodging, conveyance and other related expenses in accordance with BCCI rules.advertisementIn a mail sent by the CEO to the CoA, the Amicus Curiae, the CFO and the legal team, Johri had said that he remains the only person in the board who hasn’t been paid an increment in the last two years.”I write this email to urge each one of you to resolve this issue in a time-bound manner, so that the pending dues can be disbursed to me without any further delay. Unfortunately, I am the only employee of the BCCI who has not been provided any increment for the last two years, despite my Employment Agreement providing for the same. We are already nearing the end of third year of my Employment Agreement i.e. 1st June 2018 to 1st May 2019 in respect of which increment will once again become due,” he wrote.”Till date I have not received the decision from the CoA regarding my increment. I have also addressed reminders dated 9th August 2018 and 19th December 2018 requesting for the same. During this time, I have been patient and cooperative with the CoA at every step of the process. I have utmost faith and respect in the institution of the CoA and trust that justice will be meted out to me. Keeping this in mind, I, once again sincerely urge the CoA to look into this issue with utmost priority.”
TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Tottenham boss Pochettino willing to accept no January signingsby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveTottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino insists he’s prepared to go through the January market without any new additions.Spurs have signed only Lucas Moura in the past 15 months.”No, not disappointed,” Pochettino said when asked how he would feel if they failed to land a new player.”I know that January is always difficult. If you find some player, look what has happened to different players who arrive in January. It takes time to understand and to perform, to fit with the team. Sometimes it’s better not to sign if you don’t find the right player.”