Industrial facilities

first_imgTo access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletterslast_img

New York City to begin easing anti-virus restrictions on June 8

first_imgNew York City, the hardest-hit spot in the coronavirus outbreak in the United States, will start easing its restrictions on businesses in phases from June 8 as the local spread of the virus has apparently peaked, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Friday.Restrictions will be lifted in four stages, with construction among the first business sectors allowed to resume some activities, Cuomo indicated.According to the governor, public transportation ridership is expected to increase by up to 400,000 people per day during the first phase, with the total remaining far below pre-pandemic levels. Amid the lingering fear of virus infection, the city will continue to close the subway system overnight to disinfect trains and will task personnel with preventing train cars from becoming overcrowded.As easing social-distancing restrictions too rapidly could potentially trigger a second wave of the virus outbreak, Cuomo emphasized continued caution in reopening the city.”We have to be smart,” he said. “People have to wear masks. But the public transit system will be safe, and individuals will make their own choice as they always do.”Wide-scale social-distancing measures have been in place in New York City since late March, with major tourist sites such as Times Square and Fifth Avenue in Manhattan remaining desolate amid a lack of tourists.All 50 US states have moved to begin reopening their economies. Parts of New York State outside the city have already begun easing social distancing due to a sustained decline in the number of new infections and deaths from the coronavirus.New York City has confirmed about 199,000 infections with over 21,000 fatalities, including suspected cases.Topics :last_img read more

Self-proclaimed king and queen of ‘Keraton Agung Sejagat’ in Purworejo sentenced to prison

first_imgThe Purworejo District Court in Central Java has sentenced a couple who earlier this year declared themselves the king and queen of the so-called Keraton Agung Sejagat (World Empire) to prison for spreading false information.Forty-three-year-old Totok Santosa Hadiningrat was sentenced to four years behind bars while his wife, 42-year-old Fani Aminadia, was sentenced to one year and six months.“The two defendants were proven to have spread false information and deliberately caused a public disturbance,” presiding judge Sutarno said in a hearing on Tuesday, as quoted by kompas.com. The panel of judges ruled that the couple had violated Article 14 of the 1946 Criminal Law, which prohibits spreading false information that could cause mass hysteria and carries a maximum sentence of 10 years’ imprisonment.Read also: Purworejo man declares his kingdom ‘mother of all states’The sentence was lighter than the prosecutors’ demand of five years’ imprisonment for Toto and three years and six months for Fani. Both the prosecutors and the defendant’s lawyers said they were still considering whether to appeal the sentence.Both Totok and Fani proclaimed their royalty in January, inviting the press to their “palace” in Pogung Jurutengah village, Bayan district, Purworejo regency to announce the new kingdom’s existence. The declaration quickly went viral on social media.Totok claimed that his kingdom had around 425 followers back then, while his so-called royal advisor said the kingdom was a successor to the Majapahit kingdom that spanned much of Southeast Asia at its peak in the 13th century.Days after the declaration, the Purworejo Police arrested the couple for spreading false news.Topics :last_img read more

ICS: 400,000 seafarers stranded at sea and shore due to crew change crisis

first_imgThe situation poses a risk of supply chains being logjammed as ships without crews won’t be able to sail. A staggering number of seafarers is being impacted by the inability to carry out crew changes due to the COVID-19 restrictions imposed on travel by national governments across the globe. Some countries like Cyprus, Singapore, the Philippines, Hong Kong, and Djibouti have lifted restrictions in order to facilitate the repatriation of crews. However, more needs to be done in order to resolve the ongoing ordeal of so many seafarers. The International Chamber of Shipping (ICS) is encouraging ships around the world to sound their horns when in port at 12.00 local time on July 8th to remind governments of the ongoing crew change crisis.   The situation has resulted in 400,000 seafarers being affected, with 200,000 workers who have overrun their contracts and are currently stranded on ships, and another 200,000 are at shore, waiting to start their tours of duty, according to the International Chamber of Shipping (ICS). The action comes ahead of a critical summit meeting led by the UK Government on July 9th to discuss the impact of COVID-19 on crew changes and on the day leaders meet for the ILO Global Summit. “The solutions do not need money or complicated negotiations. Governments must now implement these protocols. If bureaucracy continues to get in the way, what has already become a humanitarian crisis at sea, and what is fast becoming an economic one, will lead to severe consequences for an already overstretched global economy. The time for political leadership is now,” he said. Guy Platten, Secretary General of the International Chamber of Shipping, said there was a clear solution for the ongoing crisis: a regulator-approved 12-step crew change road map. Despite incessant calls from the maritime bodies, seafarers are yet to be designated as ‘key workers’ and exempted from travel restrictions.last_img read more

Motorist hurt in road crash

first_imgOfficers of the Toboso municipalpolice station were investigating the incident./PN Castellano was brought to the VicenteGustilo District Hospital in Escalante City, Negros Occidental for medicaltreatment.  According to police investigators,Castellano was driving a motorcycle when he lost control and crashed into a busdriven by 32-year-old Melbert Mata of Barangay Daga, Cadiz City, Negros Occidentalaround 1 p.m. on Nov. 3.  BACOLOD City – A man was injured in aroad crash in Barangay Tabun-ac, Toboso, Negros Occidental. The 36-year-old Wardell Castellanosustained injuries on the body, a police report showed.last_img read more

Franklin County early in-person voting information

first_imgBrookville, IN—Registered voters can opt for early in-person voting at the Franklin County courthouse. The hours are today through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm; Saturday, May 30, 8 am to 2 pm; and Monday, June 1, 8:30 am to noon.last_img

Police Blotter 06-11-2020

first_imgFailed to fetch Error: URL to the PDF file must be on exactly the same domain as the current web page. Click here for more info Failed to fetch Error: URL to the PDF file must be on exactly the same domain as the current web page. Click here for more info Failed to fetch Error: URL to the PDF file must be on exactly the same domain as the current web page. Click here for more info Failed to fetch Error: URL to the PDF file must be on exactly the same domain as the current web page. Click here for more info Failed to fetch Error: URL to the PDF file must be on exactly the same domain as the current web page. Click here for more info Failed to fetch Error: URL to the PDF file must be on exactly the same domain as the current web page. Click here for more infolast_img read more

Gerrard confident in Reds’ bottle

first_imgLiverpool captain Steven Gerrard insists they have the bottle to close out a top-four place this season. But Gerrard believes the character shown at the Britannia Stadium proves they will not fade away as the competition for Champions League qualification heats up. “If we’d gone 2-0 up there a few years back we’d have probably lost the game 3-2 after letting Stoke back into it,” said the midfielder. “The manager asked us at half-time if we had the character and bottle to go and win the game and we went and proved we can. “I was wondering whether our character was going to come through and whether we could turn it back around again. “We showed that and we went on to win the game emphatically. “It goes to show how much we’ve improved and we have a bit more steel in the team. “Results went against us on Saturday and that added to the pressure going to Stoke. “I think everyone was looking for us to slip up, looking at Stoke’s home form and people questioning our strength away from home, but I think we have proved to everyone we are right up for this fight for the top four. Press Association “We feel as if away from home we can click and get that consistency and we can add that to our home form we are confident we can get what we want, which is top four.” Striker Daniel Sturridge’s comeback from an ankle sprain after seven weeks has provided Liverpool with further ammunition alongside the top-flight’s leading scorer Luis Suarez. “He (Sturridge) is a top player with huge potential and he can be whatever he wants to be,” said Gerrard. “He can become a world-class player and it is all about Daniel now – does he want to go and grab it? “But he looked sharp when he came on and hopefully he can stay fit until the end of the season because with Suarez and Sturridge we are going to score many, many goals.” While the return from injury of Sturridge, who came off the bench to score, was significant, the form of youngster Raheem Sterling was also instrumental. Theo Walcott’s injury has opened up a place in Roy Hodgson’s World Cup squad and Gerrard believes the 19-year-old would be an ideal fit. “It’s very disappointing for Theo with his injury but I’m sure Roy Hodgson is looking out for who is going to replace him and I think Raheem’s performances of late have been sensational,” said the England captain. “There are many candidates: Aaron Lennon is playing well, Andros Townsend, (Alex) Oxlade-Chamberlain is back, but if you are looking at like-for-like pace down the wing who can score and create then Raheem has a fantastic chance. “I said to him after the game ‘If you keep that level of performance then you will make it very difficult for Roy not to take you’ and he listened. “Hopefully he can build on the confidence from his recent performances and finish the season really strongly. “The one thing you don’t want to play against as a full-back is pace and pace coming at you all the time and he is a lad who will be relentless, even if he makes a mistake he will keep going. “He is a team player and everyone knows Roy Hodgson, he likes a wide player who can defend. “He has everything going for him, now it is just up to him to be consistent.” Sunday’s 5-3 win at Stoke, their first league success there in nearly 30 years, returned the Reds to fourth place after results for their rivals saw them slip down to sixth 24 hours earlier. The performance was not without hiccups, however, as the visitors squandered a 2-0 lead and gave themselves a few more nervy moments after conceding again to make it 4-3. last_img read more

Ellsworth and GSA swim teams beat WA

first_img Latest Posts Taylor VorthermsSports Editor at The Ellsworth AmericanTaylor Vortherms covers sports in Hancock County. The St. Louis, Missouri native recently graduated from the Missouri School of Journalism and joined The Ellsworth American in 2013. Bio Part 1: Invisible, incapacitating concussions are sidelining high school athletes – July 19, 2016 MACHIAS — Both the George Stevens Academy and Ellsworth boys’ and girls’ swim teams defeated Washington Academy on Saturday.The Ellsworth boys beat WA 73-8, and the GSA boys beat WA 57-16. The Ellsworth girls beat WA 48-40, and the GSA girls beat WA 65-29.“Washington Academy, although a small team like ours, was a spirited group of swimmers, and the meet was fun,” Ellsworth coach Jim Goodman said. “Many of our swimmers continued to improve their times.”Four Ellsworth swimmers now qualify for all eight individual events at the state meet: Talor Hamilton, Cooper Holmes, Sam Alvarado and Austin Baron.This is placeholder textThis is placeholder textFor the girls, GSA won nine events, and Ellsworth won two.200-yard medley relay: GSA’s Maya Pelletier, Emma Larson-Whittaker, Ava Sealander and Katrina Steenberg, 2:18.06200-yard freestyle: GSA’s Sealander, 2:13.96200-yard IM: GSA’s Larson-Whittaker, 2:51.8150-yard freestyle: Ellsworth’s Leah Stevens, 29.82100-yard butterfly: GSA’s Emma Richardson, 1:23.67100-yard freestyle: Ellsworth’s Jessica Cohen, 1:01.91500-yard freestyle: GSA’s Pelletier, 6:18.70200-yard freestyle relay: GSA’s Ellie Gellerson, Cedar Slagle, Steenberg and Pelletier, 2:07.47100-yard backstroke: GSA’s Sealander, 1:08.85100-yard breaststroke: GSA’s Pelletier, 1:25.17400-yard freestyle relay: Ellsworth’s Leah Stevens, Madie Young, Katie Walton and Jessica Cohen; 4:39.46.For the boys, Ellsworth won all but one event.200-yard medley relay: Ellsworth’s Talor Hamilton, Hayden Sattler, Sam Alvarado and Cooper Holmes, 1:46.86200-yard freestyle: Ellsworth’s Hayden Sattler, 2:05.17200-yard IM: Ellsworth’s Hamilton, 2:09.1650-yard freestyle: GSA’s Alexciy Prokopov, 25.62100-yard butterfly: Ellsworth’s Austin Baron, 1:05.46100-yard freestyle: Ellsworth’s Holmes, 51.10500-yard freestyle: Ellsworth’s Alvarado, 5:12.87200-yard freestyle relay: Ellsworth’s Valter Moller, Baron, Sattler and Hamilton, 1:47.03100-yard backstroke: Ellsworth’s Holmes, 57.36100-yard breaststroke: Ellsworth’s Hamilton, 1:11.43400-yard freestyle relay: Ellsworth’s Brian Whalley, Jack McKechnie, Alvarado and Holmes, 3:51.50.The Ellsworth Eagles will compete next in their last home meet of the season — Senior Night — on Friday at the James Russell Wiggins Down East Family YMCA. Seniors who will be recognized include Valter Moller, Haley Sattler, Emma Kell, Rebeckah Trowbridge and Lucia Jimenez-Caminero.center_img Part 2: When the injury is inside your head, some “don’t get it” – July 26, 2016 Latest posts by Taylor Vortherms (see all) EHS names new boys’ soccer coach – July 13, 2016last_img read more

Cross County representation in Thurles this Sunday

first_imgDan says his side will have their work cut out to win the Dan Breen Cup for the first time…Tipp FM will bring you live coverage of both semi-finals – our coverage gets underway at 1.30pm on Sunday and will be brought to you in association with Ciarán O’Flynn Jewellers, Thurles Shopping Centre. One of the senior hurling manager, whose side are in action this weekend says it’s great for hurling that all four divisions are represented in the senior championship semi-finals.Kiladangan manager Dan Hackett’s side face Killenaule in the last four of the competition at Semple Stadium on Sunday afternoon.Defending champions Thurles Sarsfields and Clonoulty-Rossmore clash in the other semi, which is also being played in Thurles.last_img read more